Sunday, November 16, 2014

Classic Completed!

Indeed, it's true! Saved from my own overuse & neglect, here's the finished jacket:
Cute polka-dot hanging loop (above), which is never used, but I love!
Cuffs were shortened & hemmed in the same polka-dot bias. (below)

Here's a not-so-great shot of the finished item:

What happened with this favorite jacket? 
Well......all popped seams repaired, zipper replaced, cuffs shortened & cuff buttons moved, lining fully replaced, including the pockets (oh, I love my new red, shiny pockets!). So much was learned about redoing a lining, which I've actually never done on my own (maybe when I was a stitcher, but can't recall). I had these, "Oh, it's done that way!", moments after I did it another way, but oh well. (insert smiley face here)  

I guess that's it - hopefully this guy's good for another 50 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment