Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Like a Phoenix....

Yes, like a phoenix from the ashes, my unfortunate patterning/stitching choices are being repaired. Little by little, the wardrobe is growing.....

I just wish I had 'before' pix of this one! Anyhow, 3-4 years ago I made it with way too much fabric flowing around to be attractive but I gave it a serious try, doggone it. (It's from one of those amazing Japanese pattern magazines, so I couldn't tell the sizing.)
I lopped off the sleeves (3/4 length & slightly puffy), took in the center back & took in the center front by way of a keyhole opening. Works much better!
CB tucks (got gold metallic thread topstitching)

CF new opening (with ties braided from this cool metallic-ish yarn)

Dress, newly reconfigured, ready for finishing!






No comments:

Post a Comment